- TECH SPECS
Fold up bed and work table are optional products and not included in the base model tent.Fold up bed and work table are optional products and not included in the base model tent.
The Alu-Cab Gen 3-R Expedition Tent is the latest innovation from a long line of products designed and constructed by Alu-Cab. Aside from being a roof top tent, many features of the Gen 3-R Expedition Tent seperate this camping space from other models available on the market.
The Gen 3-R Expedition Tent includes an updated look which increases the tent rigidity, a heater vent as a standard feature, solar panel input as a standard feature and now boasts a weight decrease to 76 kgs.
Other features of the Gen 3-R Expedition Tent include:
- Side rain cover now comes as a standard feature
- Spec-built telescopic ladder with rungs that are broad and angled making it far more comfortable to climb into the tent barefoot
- Single zip opening doors
- Zippable rear awning – the awning can zip up and stay rolled away. The awning only needs to be deployed when the weather dictates.
- Stainless steel eyelets for the spring poles
- Extended cargo rails creating more room and additional options for fitment to the roof
- Raised air vent to help reduce condensation
- 3D breathable mesh to further assist with condensation
- Lightweight aluminium construction
- Built-in cargo rails for the fitment of optional load bars
- Hard-shell structure that can carry additional gear – solar panels, kayak, mountain bikes or camping table
- Streamlined aerodynamic profile
- 3-point access with a door/window on each side
- Gas-strut assisted pop-up design
- Opens and closes in seconds so you can still go on that late-afternoon game drive
- 75 mm high-density foam mattress with zip-off cover
- Quick-release ladder that stows inside your tent when closed
- Storage pockets
- Internal USB power points
- Internal 12V plug point
- Internal lighting
- Rear door awning to keep the entrance dry
- Dual-layer canvas for better insulation and protection
- Wind resistant design thanks to single-sided opening
- Top and bottom foam insulation for class leading insulation